21 April 2009

Goodbye 2000...Hello 2001

Well, it's official 2000 was a roaring success, thank you one and all for taking part but there's no time to stop and smell the roses as we move swiftly on to (drumroll please) 2001!!!

Hardly a surprise I know but still it's worthy of a celebration.

We have plenty of submissions already for the next instalment but I'm still after posts for some of the years biggest hits, including:

Amelie (Jean-Pierre Jeunet)
A Beautiful Mind (Ron Howard)
Black Hawk Down (Ridley Scott)
Moulin Rouge! (Baz Luhrmann)
The Others (Alejandro Amenabar)
Y Tu Mama Tambien (Alfonso Cuaron)
The Fast Runner (Zacharias Kunuk)
The Devil's Backbone (Guillermo del Toro)

For anyone new to the Counting Down The Zeroes project, to put it simply, we're celebrating ten years of cinema, a month at a time. When I say we, I mean you, me, anybody and everybody, this is a celebration of not only cinema but of the casual critic. Do you have something to say on cinema in 2001? Is there a film you want to write about, or maybe even an old post that you would like to give some air time? Then this is the place for you.

If you want to take part then please leave a comment on this post, or e-mail me at ric.burke1@gmail.com.

The first post for 2001 will go live at 9pm - London time - tonight. Stay tuned and thank you.

Oh yeah. I can't forget the song. I do like to start things with a song.



5 comments:

Norma Desmond said...

I'll take on The Fast Runner - I've been meaning to see it for years so it'll be good to have a little extra motivation.

Ibetolis said...

Hi Norma,

That would be fantastic, I'm really glad you want to be involved. I'd love it if you could take on The Fast Runner.

If you could let me know when you think you will have it done by, considering this instalment runs till May 17th, that would be great.

Norma Desmond said...

Barring some unforeseen catastrophe, I should be able to have it to you within the week.

Ibetolis said...

That's excellent Norma, I look forward to your submission. Thanks again.

free tv shows said...

I am sure that it would be fantastic one. I am also happy to see that you also want to be involved..I would love to help you if you need something from my side.....Thanks for post :-).